November 22, 2009

Galactus Head

Check it out! Straight from the pages of "Fantastic Four" comes Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds. Just his head so far, but I did my research and tried to stay true to Jack Kirby's original version from Fantastic Four #48-50. I gave him three inter-changeable lower face components so you could alter his mood, as needed. Below is the default "aloof scowl" that all puny mortals receive as they tremble in his cosmic presence (click on the images to view full size.)

Next, I gave him a standard talking mouth. If you browse the Google warehouse, you'll see some amazingly realistic human faces that people have created. In comparison, these faces are just a few simple angles, but, by taking the minimalism road, I think I did a better job of emulating (in 3D) Kirby's style, and even a hint of Joe Sinnott's bold inking style.

Finally, here's a teeth gritting mad face, for when he's giving the cosmic backhand to the Sphinx, In-Betweener, or some other loser. This didn't take as long as I thought. The piping around the face caused the most frustration, But I lucked out with the helmet antennas on the first few attempts. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
SketchUp/Screw-up by Timothy P. Butler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.